We got a HUGE surprise phone call this week from our dear friend "Sergeant SuperMom" who was one of our nearest & dearest friends during our 5 years living in South Florida. Sergeant SuperMom got her name for many reasons:
- She's a total stud... she graduated from West Point Military Academy. While I was running around the sorority house with a grosgrain ribbon in my hair at a state school, this she woman was working her butt off earning a degree from one of the toughest universities in the country... not only to get into, but to graduate from.
- She then went to Ranger School & jumped out of airplanes. I am nervous to ride "Goliath" at Six Flags and this girl used to JUMP OUT OF PLANES! Whew!
- She had 5 kids... yes, 5 in just over 5 years. AND her husband is a football coach for one of the top programs in the state of Florida & so she's a football "widow" from August through the championships in December. Remember... she has 5 children... boom! boom! boom!
- She's one of the most disciplined & organized people I know. All weekend I was like "O.K... you tell your daughter to clean her room & she cries and complains... what should I do?" I asked her for advice on dozens of parenting topics. She runs her house like the barracks... lots of fun, but no funny business allowed!
- The United States government trusts her enough to give her "TS" (a.k.a "Top Secret") Clearance for us civilians.) My husband barely trusts me with a checkbook and this gal has the trust of the US military with stuff "if I tell you, I'll have to kill you!" Wow.
So, Sergeant SuperMom calls to say she's in Atlanta for two weeks of active duty at Fort McPhearson & could we get together this weekend? YES! So she drove down yesterday and stay overnight. You know you have a FOREVER FRIEND when you don't see each other for 3 years and you pick up right where you left off! Last night I was getting onto Baby #3 for interrupting me while I was talking to Sgt. SuperMom and by today I was like... "That's not really fair 'cause we've been talking NON-STOP since last night... he hasn't had a chance to get a moment alone without interrupting!"